Adult RE activities
NEW! - History of UUism DVD series
Wednesdays February 8 through March 15 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm in
Linus Pauling Hall. The movies show the significant people and places, from the second century to modern times, who have created the theology, philosophy and organization of Unitarian Universalism. A brief discussion follows each movie. These gatherings create a wonderful time for new and old fellowship members to become acquainted with each other and with the core principles.
Joan Landsberg will be facilitating these sessions. An outline of the six movies will be available soon. Members and friends are welcome to come to all six weekly sessions or any that fit into your schedule.
Spirituality Book Club
Yoga and Relaxation
Wednesdays from 9:30am to 10:30am - Suspended for the month of February -- Wednesday morning yoga will be back in March.
Monday evenings from 5:30pm to 6:30pm
Kyra Kadhim offers a yin class that is very similar to restorative but poses are held longer. Her classes are offered on Monday evening from 5:30 - 6:30.
Dances of Universal Peace
Chela Sloper hosts the monthly gathering of Dances of Universal Peace - celebrating traditions through song and movement. Join us January 24 at 7:00pm.
Sunday Morning Meditation
Chinese Essence Qigong
In keeping with Unitarian Universalist principles and sources, the Adult Religious Exploration Committee seeks to assist members and friends in two areas:
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
Our program seeks to:
- Inform and educate
- Inspire commitment to the Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism
- Practice mutual ministry
- Support and encourage spiritual growth for ourselves and others
- Understand injustice and oppression as a systemic problem
- Promote justice through education, advocacy and service in collaboration with the Social Justice Committee
- Provide opportunities to wrestle with ethical issues
We plan, promote, and offer short- and longer term opportunities to enhance these two important areas of individual and congregational life.
We seek input and listen to suggestions that could become specific offerings.
Current Adult Religious Exploration Committee Members: Jan Lindeman, Jan Lawton, Elaine Wierman, Rev. Antonia Won