Christine Walsh, as the Facilities-at-Large Board member, has been helping these teams as they get started.
As part of the UUFCO preparations, the following Facilities Committees have been formed and they have a set of preparation tasks already underway. Some of these teams could still use additional help – please see the notes below:
- Janitorial, Chair Bob Barber (*Need 1 or 2 additional members)
- Management, Chair Grace Kennedy (*Need 1 or 2 additional members to organize recycling)
- Systems, Chair John Williamson (*Need 1 or 2 additional members)
- Landscaping, Chair Becky Dobrowski
- Safety, Chair Don Hartsough
- Audio/Visual (AV), Chair Aaron Coe
- Art Integration, Chair Dale Clark
- Library, Chair Jan Lindeman
- Kitchen, Chair Tom Wykes
- Information Technology (IT), Chair Mark Hickman (*Need 1 additional member)
More information about each committee is available at the end of this article.
Detailed Committee Descriptions:
- Janitorial: this committee is researching options about what combination of user, volunteer and contractor cleaning services should be used to keep our New Home clean.
- Management: this group is drafting general operating policies and procedures such as use priorities and guidelines, and rental practices.
- Systems: this committee will be training in, then monitoring and providing for the maintenance of our new facility’s operating systems such as heating and air conditioning.
- Landscaping: this team is developing a snow plowing contract and will be developing an approach to keep to keep our property and its native landscape looking good.
- Audio/Visual (AV): the AV Committee has responsibility for ensuring that sound and image projection support is provided for services and congregational events as well as future rentals.
- Art Integration: this committee will provide for temporary and permanent artwork.
- Library and Archives: is organizing and maintaining books and other media for use by the congregation.
- Kitchen: is developing procedures for use of the kitchen, including cleaning and routine maintenance.
- Information Technology: will research and recommend an I.T. Services vendor and an internet service provider, and collect requirements for other computers and peripherals needed by staff members.
- The Safety and Security Committee: will be responsible for our security system and congregant safety.