Please do not visit the site before the February 1 service unless you have tasks to complete or are receiving training. The New Home is still a construction site and many contractors are finishing up details in and around the building.
Areas of the building will continue to be finished throughout February and early March, so you will still see some rooms “in process” and construction materials on site. If you time your visit for later in February, then more items will be completed.
Notes for Sunday, February 1:
- The Location: 61980 Skyline Ranch Road, Bend, OR. The entrance driveway is directly off Skyline Ranch Road.
- Directions: Drive west on Franklin Avenue, past the NW 14th Street roundabout (becomes Skyliners). Continue on Skyliners west, through the roundabout at Mt. Washington Drive, continue to next intersection (Skyline Ranch Road) and turn left. You will see the building on your left as you drive up Skyliners to turn left on Skyline Ranch Road, and the driveway is clearly visible as you drive south on Skyline Ranch Road. There is a stone structure by the driveway where our permanent sign will be installed soon.
- Carpool, ride your bike or walk on Sunday! This will support our Earth Advantage goals and is good for the environment.
- Drive into the driveway, looping north of the building until you reach the parking loop. Do not park any cars in the entry driveway. Please park only in marked spaces.
- There are ADA parking spaces directly in front of the building. To assist those among the congregation who cannot walk long distances for the regular parking, please leave open the closest parking spaces to the entry in the parking loops. Signs for those areas are on the way, but we will not have them by February 1, and appreciate all helping with this request.
- Dress in layers as the best settings for the heating system are still being determined.
- Children age 5 and up will be seated with their family in the Sanctuary at the beginning of the service. There will be a children’s story before the children leave for their Religious Exploration activity.
- Coffee & Conversation: We will have an extended time for coffee, tea, snacks and conversation as we enjoy our after-service time together in the Pete Seeger Gathering Hall.
There will be brief tours after the service each Sunday in February. Look for tour information in the projected announcements before and after the service.
Welcome to our New Home!