Design Workgroups were small task-oriented groups of people who were especially interested or most involved in a specific area of our Fellowship and New Home. Some groups met only a few times, mostly at the beginning of the planning stages and then again later to help make refinements. The time commitment varied with the complexity of the task. People who were not members of a workgroup were welcome to submit their ideas via online forums or on paper in suggestion boxes.
These workgroups worked closely with the Design Committee. Each group determined the specific needs of an area, how it would be used, and how it would feel. As information for each special area was developed, it was included in the overall Design Matrix, with the final version completed on July 6, 2012. See the Design Matrix article for more information.
List of Workgroups:
- Accessibility (overarching the entire project, inside and outside)
- Administration/offices/minister’s study
- Art & Aesthetics (overarching)
- Community Connections: outreach and facility rentals
- Education & Meeting Spaces (Childcare, Children and Youth, Adult)
- Green Group (Sustainability, HVAC, Lighting, Materials)
- IT (Audio/Video/Networking/Security)
- Music(includes Acoustics for now)
- Outdoors: gathering spaces, garden, landscaping
- Sanctuary, Foyer/Fellowship Hall (includes possible bookstore)
- Special spaces: library, meditation/yoga, etc
- TAG (Technical Advisory Group)